THE WELSH PHILATELIC SOCIETY
- The name of the Society shall be, in English, The Welsh Philatelic Society and, in Welsh, Cymdeithas Ffilatelig Cymru.
- The objects of the Society shall be to promote an interest in all aspects of the philately and postal history of Wales, and to encourage this by all suitable means.
- Membership of the Society shall be open to any person on payment of an annual subscription, as determined from time to time at the Annual General Meeting. It shall, however, be in the Committee's power to decline an application for membership of the Society without stating a reason.
- The immediate relatives of a member paying the full subscription and living at the same address as that member shall be eligible for "Family Membership". Family members shall pay a reduced subscription, as determined from time to time at the Annual General Meeting, and shall enjoy all the benefits of membership, except that only one copy of each of the Society's publications (i.e. circulars, newsletters and auction lists) shall be sent to each family group.
- Junior members under 18, full-time students and senior citizens may, if they wish, pay a reduced subscription, as determined from time to time at the Annual General Meeting.
- Subscriptions become due on the first day of September each year. Any member failing to renew a subscription after due notice has been given and a period of at least three months has elapsed shall be deemed to have relinquished membership.
- The following Officers shall be elected each year at the Annual General Meeting: -
| ||Hon. President ||Hon. Treasurer ||Hon. Research Co-ordinator |
| ||Hon. Chairman ||Hon. Newsletter Editor ||Hon. Auditor |
| ||Hon. Vice Chairman ||Hon. Auction Secretary ||Hon. Publicity Officer * |
| ||Hon. Secretary ||Hon. Librarian ||Hon. Speaker Secretary * |
* the AGM shall determine each year whether or not elections are made to these offices.
- The above-named Officers, together with the Past-Presidents, who are members ex-officio, and not more than three other ordinary members elected annually, shall form the Committee. No elected ordinary Committee member shall serve for more than three consecutive years, and may not then be re-elected to the same post until a further year has elapsed.
- The Chairman and Vice-Chairman may not serve as such for more than three consecutive years. All other Officers shall be eligible for re-election.
- The Committee may co-opt no more than two further members to serve until the following Annual General Meeting.
- The Committee shall fill any vacancy among the Officers or ordinary Committee members with a successor to serve until the next Annual General Meeting.
- The Society's financial affairs shall be the responsibility of the Hon. Treasurer, who shall prepare an annual statement. This statement shall be submitted to the Hon. Auditor.
- The Society shall maintain an account with a bank or other financial establishment. Signatories of cheques shall be the Hon. Treasurer and one other member of the Committee.
- In the event of the Society disbanding, all funds in hand shall be distributed to charities determined by the Committee.
- Members of the Society may be elected as Fellows for outstanding service in advancing the interests of the Welsh Philatelic Society, including the furtherance of knowledge of the philately & postal history of Wales and the promotion of philately in Wales. The number of Fellows shall be limited to SIX. Nominations shall be submitted to the Secretary by two members of the Society at least three months prior to the Annual General Meeting.
- An Annual General Meeting shall be held once a year in June. Members shall be notified by the Hon. Secretary a suitable time in advance.
- Members' motions, proposed and seconded, shall be sent to the Hon. Secretary to reach him not less than 15 days before the Annual General Meeting.
- The Annual General Meeting shall be conducted by the Chairman for the time being, who shall have the casting vote in the event of an equal number of votes being cast.
- The quorum shall be five members.
- An ordinary meeting of the Society may be designated an Extraordinary General Meeting by any two members giving notice to the Hon. Secretary at least six weeks prior to such a meeting. Such notice shall include full details of the purpose for which the meeting is called.
Return to the Welsh Philatelic Society home page